But the fun banter kept me reading it. I’m way past my college days but I can fondly remember them and when I read these books I’m always the age of the characters so not to come off pervy! *alert the cougar police*
One thing I love about college romances is the drama…especially when the girl makes the guy jealous and this book delivers that well. Here’s the thing…once you’ve been married umpteen years with a few kids getting your man all riled up and jealous isn’t reality anymore. Plus, in all honesty, I really wouldn’t want that at this stage of my life. But reading about those moments in books is a fun escape.
A quick sum up is a DEAL is made between these characters that involves tutoring for Garrett and making the guy Hannah is crushing-on notice her. For fun I made some “get to know you questions” below for Garrett & Hannah.
THE DATING GAME questions with Garrett and Hannah
1. When was the first time you became aware of Hannah? “I never expected her. Sometimes people sneak up on you and suddenly you don’t know how you ever lived without them.”
2. What was your first impression of Garrett? ”…walks around like he owns the place. All he has to do is snap his fingers and an eager girl appears at his side. Or jumps into his lap. Or stick her tongue down his throat. BMOC (big man on campus)!
3. What was your first thought when your kiss was interrupted with Garrett? ”Hot shit. I’ve been caught making out with Garrett Graham”
4. During your first tutor session Garrett had a distraction with text messages from an eager puck bunny. How’d did that get resolved?
Hannah’s text to Garrett’s puck bunny: ”This is Garrett’s tutor. You’re annoying me. We’re done in thirty minutes. I’m confident you can keep your pants zipped until then.
5. You don’t seem to be the type of guy to have girls as friends. At any point did Hannah cross over from being a tutor to a friend? “Yes, Hannah and I are friends. In fact, she’s the only female friend I’ve ever had. And yes, I want to keep being Hannah’s friend. But…I also want[ed] to sleep with her.”
Now, that you know a little bit about Garrett and Hannah pick up the book next time you want something fun to read. For me, it took me a little bit to warm up to the story because it was very similar to other NA books. But as the book got rolling this story took off and had me turning pages. I’m looking forward to more books in this series.
SERIES: The Mistake
Can be read as standalones.
Secondary characters from the first book become the main focus in subsequent books.
To find when the next one is being released click here.