I was surfing the blogosphere when I came across a book tag that Paper Fury participated in and thought it looked fun. Even though I wasn’t tagged I decided to join in and do it.
THE SECRET LIFE OF A BOOK BLOGGER TAG is pretty self explanatory.
1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BLOGGER?
I’ve been BOOK blogging for a year and half but prior to that I blogged for years on just normal life stuff with my kids.
2. AT WHAT POINT DO YOU THINK YOU’LL STOP BLOGGING?
I suppose when I get bored of doing it. At this point I don’t see quitting any time soon.
3. WHAT IS THE BEST THING ABOUT BLOGGING?
I really like organizing things and this is one way I can keep track of the books that I read. Prior to book blogging I kept a spreadsheet with all the books that I’ve read. It made it easier for family members to know which books to buy me for my birthday and Christmas.
4. WHAT IS THE WORST THING? WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE IT OKAY?
That’s easy – CODING. I can finish a post and if the coding is off I can spend more hours than I want to count trying to get the coding to work. A lot of times I ask my husband and if he isn’t around I just give up and go with it.
5. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO CREATE/FIND PICTURES TO USE?
WAY TOO LONG! Making graphics is time consuming.
Now, if you mean using gifs that doesn’t take me too long. I’ve been using them on my reviews and status on Goodreads since 2012.
6. WHO IS YOUR BOOK CRUSH?
Well, that’s like revolving door. There are so many swoon worthy men in the fictional world.
7. WHAT AUTHOR WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ON YOUR BLOG?
Surprise! Surprise! I’d love for Susan Fanetti to be on my blog. Every time I read something she writes I’m in AWE of her wisdom and the way she has with her words.
8. WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR BLOG POSTS?
Clothes! Okay, depending on the time of the day I might be in my pj’s when I’m blogging.
9. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE BOOK BLOGGER COMMUNITY?
I’ve made some great friends through the book community. Some of my closest friends came from Goodreads. I have a community of blogging friends that support and encourage each other. That’s priceless!
10. WHAT DO YOU THINK ONE SHOULD DO TO GET A SUCCESSFUL BLOG?
Gosh, I don’t feel qualified to give advice on being a SUCCESSFUL BLOG because I’m not sure if I’m successful or not. But if I must give some advice I’d say:
• Don’t go crazy signing up for blog tours. The pressure to meet deadlines can make blogging seem more like a job than something you do for fun.
• Keep a spreadsheet with arcs, promos and cover reveals. Make sure to include the date they are due on your blog. It’s a lifesaver!
|Out of Time
|King of Hearts
|King of Hearts
|Blue of Hearts
Can’t wait to see yours!