The Heroines Tag [@potteralda @theVrsha @FMAbookreviews @Kimberley_Bee]
I came across this fun blog tag created by My Little Corner For Books.
HEROINES!!! Who doesn’t love a fictional heroine?!
1. WHICH HEROINE WOULD YOU TRADE PLACES WITH?
Fern from MAKING FACES by Amy Harmon. I just loved her and her inner strength. Plus she was so kind and accepting of situations she could not control.
2. WHICH HEROINE WOULD YOU PUSH OFF A CLIFF AND HOPE THAT THERE ARE SOME JAGGED ROCKS AT THE BOTTOM?
Leah from DIRTY RED by Tarryn Fisher. That woman drove me nutty. The angry feelings she festered in me was crazy.
3. HEROINE YOU COULDN’T CARE LESS ABOUT? THEY’RE SO BLAND THAT THEY DON’T EVEN TRIGGER THE HATE IN YOU?
Amanda from PRESENT PERFECT by Allison G. Bailey. I know that this is a favorite among a lot of my friends and I’m sorry that I just didn’t even care about the heroine … especially after she got her horrific news towards the end of the book. I became indifferent towards her and her situation. #DoNotHateMe
4. HEROINE YOU THOUGHT YOU WOULDN’T LIKE AND ENDING UP LIKING AND VICE VERSA?
• I didn’t think I would like Natalie from IN THE STILLNESS by Andrea Randall. Because she was a mom who had a lot of resentment towards her life as a mom. But as the book continued I was rooting for her and hoping she got the help she needed to succeed.
• I thought I wouldn’t like Carmen from TOUCH by Susan Fanetti. In the books leading up to hers she was always too harsh and seemed to have a chip on her shoulder. I avoided reading this book because I didn’t want to NOT like a Susan Fanetti book. Once I broke down and started reading it I feel in love with Carmen. I “got” why she was the way she was. It all came together for me. I’m guilty of judging her before I got to know her.
5. SIDE HEROINE WHO IS MUCH MORE INTERESTING THAN MAIN HEROINE?
Not sure I can think of one right now.
6. WHICH HEROINE WOULD YOU WANT AS YOUR FRIEND?
Bibi from DREAM & DARE by Susan Fanetti. Bibi is the mc mom to the Night Horde SoCal. All the guys love and respect her. Plus all the woman hold her in high regard. I just love her so much.
7. WHICH HEROINE DO YOU WISH WOULD JUST CHOOSE (between the guys in her little love triangle)?
I’m not a fan of love triangles and I normally don’t read books with them because they get me all riled up.
The first love triangle I read was with Kiera from THOUGHTLESS by S.C. Stephens. Kiera made me so angry.
8. “BAD GIRL” HEROINE?
Cat from HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE by Jeaniene Frost. Cat was all girl power. Kicking butt and taking names!
9. “GOOD GIRL” HEROINE?
Chelsea from SUSTAINED by Emma Chase. She’s such a good girl! She moved across country to raise her deceased brothers 6 kids. Way to go, Chelsea!
10. YOUR FAVORITE HEROINE OF THEM ALL? (If you can’t choose, pick your top 3.)
Gosh, I don’t know who to pick. I love too many to pick 1 or even 3 of them.
Can’t wait to see yours!